On Monday 21 September, the European Day Against Islamophobia, the Forum of European Muslim Youth and Student Organisations (FEMYSO) and the European Parliament Anti-Racism and Diversity Intergroup (ARDI) invite you to attend a high-level event focusing on Gendered Islamophobia in Europe and what must be done to tackle it.
The keynote speeches of the speakers will be streamed live on FEMYSO's Facebook and YouTube pages with live questions from experts, activists and the audience. At 16:00, the conference-debate will feature several speakers including:
- Helena Dalli - European Commissioner for Equality
- Michael O'Flaherty - Director of the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
- Samira Rafela, Member of the European Parliament - Co-President of ARDI
- Hande Taner - Member of the Advisory Council on Youth of the Council of Europe, FEMYSO
- Tommaso Chiamparino - European Union Coordinator for Combating Islamophobia
- Anna Bianci - MEET Project - More Equal Europe Together - Fondazione L'Albero della Vita
FEMYSO's partner in the MEET - More Equal Europe Together project, POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ-PLS joins him in denouncing Islamophobia towards women and girls. At the regional level, together with CRACIS, PLS proposes Recommendations for the attention of the Brussels authorities. Together, let us commit ourselves and let's take action against this phenomenon !